Abstract of the overall place
Nawiri’s Social, Structural and Behavioral Change (SSBC) Vitamin Advisor offers strategic management within the design, improvement and implementation of a coherent diet resilience technique that spans all elements of the venture. Throughout Nawiri’s first section, he’ll make sure that this system’s analysis and studying agenda is designed and routinely iterated to construct sturdy proof of strategic investments that drive social, structural and behavioral change. This contains the purposeful seek for interventions that tackle the social and structural determinants of persistent acute malnutrition which can be each modifiable and scalable, with specific consideration to figuring out alternatives to check adjustments to present interventions or platforms. Working throughout program areas and in shut collaboration with studying and analysis groups, he helps the Nawiri group to routinely analyze rising findings from analysis and studying actions by a programs lens, specializing in SSBC-related dangers and alternatives. . The SSBC for Vitamin Resilience Advisor additionally offers technical assist in all of Nawiri’s strategic studying areas, which is mirrored in Nawiri’s SSBC for Vitamin Resilience technique and method.
The SSBC Advisor studies on to the Deputy Chief of Get together and offers strategic and technical steerage all through this system to make sure groups work in concord to realize desired program outcomes. The SSBC for Vitamin Resilience Advisor has dotted strains of technical assist for SSBC workers and features are embedded in implementation groups on the county degree.
Nawiri acknowledges that whereas biology and physiology are necessary determinants of particular person well being and diet, the social elements underlying human interplay—together with data, attitudes, social and cultural norms and practices, and habits—are essential in shaping well being and diet outcomes. on the particular person, household and group degree. These social elements and their improvement are influenced by a posh interaction of structural elements, together with political and financial programs, tradition, battle and local weather change. In step with our core mission to grasp and tackle the advanced causes and penalties of persistent acute malnutrition, Nawiri elevates Social, Structural and Behavioral Change (SSBC) to a strategic degree, above any single sector, govt group or stakeholder group. This hen’s-eye systemic view is required to establish essential factors or entry factors in a dynamic system the place built-in investments are more likely to have the best impression on enabling weak teams to higher handle and enhance their diet resilience.
VISION AND STRATEGY
- Assist the Deputy Chief of Get together (DCoP) by offering perception and technique on program method and the way SBCC integrates with general technical course and execution.
- Set up robust institutional linkages and keep productive working relationship with USAID, Authorities of Kenya, CRS Consortium, PREG Companions and different financial and market perform companions.
- Help in defining and analyzing Nawiri’s insurance policies and priorities throughout all companions; establish alternatives for integration and synergy inside different sectors corresponding to diet, healthcare, water programs and governance.
- Determine alternatives for progressive actions and create an atmosphere the place various views are welcome; promote and mannequin a tradition of studying and adaptive administration.
- Be certain that cross-cutting elements of the programme, corresponding to gender equality, social inclusion, youth, local weather adaptation and resilience, are effectively included and built-in and cross-cutting throughout all actions
- Collaborate with numerous program elements together with analysis, implementation, monitoring and analysis (M&E) and studying to drive general effectiveness and consistency of program technique from begin to end.
- Lead in shut collaboration with all Nawiri stakeholders within the design, improvement, implementation and iteration of a risk-informed SSBC technique to enhance diet sustainability. The technique is evidence-based, tailor-made to native actuality and aware of dangers and alternatives.
- Present SSBC technical management to Nawiri Consortium members and provincial companions, together with common journey to Samburu and Turkana to supply on-site capability constructing and technical help.
- Lead within the identification and improvement of progressive approaches to vary attitudes, perceptions and practices associated to resolution making for well being and diet outcomes at a number of ranges and scales (e.g. particular person, well being, group, private and non-private sector establishments, and so forth.)
- Develop complete habits change instruments and SBC marketing campaign actions utilizing evidence-based theories and methodologies in shut collaboration with exterior stakeholders.
- Assist the design of community-level interventions geared toward childcare suppliers, family and group decision-makers, farmers and group members at massive to extend demand for nutritious, various and secure diets.
- Oversee SBC actions applied by Nawiri companions.
- Handle the work of outdoor events (analysis companies, promoting companies, public relations specialists, manufacturing suppliers, group mobilizers and/or consultants employed by this system) to help the SBC. This contains constructing the capability of native implementation companions to implement high-quality and profitable SBC work.
- Be certain that SBC supplies are pre-tested, confirmed efficient and used successfully.
- Work with the Monitoring, Analysis and Studying Supervisor to measure and doc the progress and impression of SBC actions.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Present management and oversight within the improvement of risk-aware and shock-responsive SSBC instruments, supplies and communication channels.
- Present strategic, technical steerage and course to this system, making certain alignment with the newest technical info, proof and approaches within the SSBC subject;
- Oversee the programmatic and technical elements of SSBC operations to make sure that SSBC actions are evidence-based and coordinated and in step with Nawiri’s mission and ideas.
- Acts as a “lead learner” (e.g. equal to a analysis “principal investigator”) in not less than considered one of Nawiri’s strategic studying areas; present management and administration in all areas of operations.
- Supporting the event of analysis and studying applications and actions; present strategic assist for all analysis and studying actions, together with figuring out and implementing strategic alternatives to quickly take a look at and adapt progressive approaches to handle the social and structural determinants of persistent acute malnutrition.
- Switch capability for SSBC frameworks and approaches inside the consortium and inside the wider group of observe.
GROUP MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION
- Work carefully with the Programs Strengthening and Institutionalization Lead and group to strengthen county leaders’ dedication to insurance policies and applications that assist diet resilience and promote adjustments in social and structural circumstances that contribute to persistent acute malnutrition.
- Work carefully with the Strategic Studying Director to drive the training program in Nawiri and different companions in Turkana and Samburu and the broader group of observe
- Working with one other group ends in coordination of reporting to the donor
- Symbolize Mercy Corps and Nawiri at strategic conferences, occasions and conferences.
- Develop case research and different merchandise to speak key program studying associated to SBC
- Take part within the planning and execution of M&E actions, together with all baseline, terminal or different SBC-related actions.
- Assists within the improvement of all program studies, work plans and budgets as wanted.
- Embrace the deputy head of the social gathering within the position of consultant in sure coordination boards. Talk successfully to make sure this system is offered accurately.
- All different duties outlined along with the supervisor
- Work carefully with the Nation Group Safety Middle to advertise and keep programs that promote the safety of all group members. Be certain that gender-specific wants and advantages associated to the security of program personnel are recognized and appropriately addressed.
- As a part of our dedication to organizational studying and to assist our understanding that studying organizations are more practical, environment friendly and related to the communities they serve, we anticipate all group members to commit 5% of their time to studying actions that profit Mercy Corps. in addition to himself.
RESPONSIBILITY TO THE PARTICIPANTS
- Mercy Corps group members are anticipated to assist all efforts to advertise accountability, significantly to our beneficiaries and in accordance with worldwide requirements that information worldwide reduction and improvement work, whereas actively partaking beneficiary communities as equal companions within the planning, monitoring and analysis of our subject initiatives.
- Group members are anticipated to conduct themselves in knowledgeable method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC insurance policies, procedures and values always and inside the nation.
Information and expertise
- Grasp’s diploma in behavioral or social sciences, public well being, social psychology, communication, advertising, well being communication, behavioral economics, or different related behavioral/social science subject, or a bachelor’s diploma with not less than 7-10 years of further related expertise.
- At the very least 7-10 years of expertise in planning and implementing SSBC operations, ideally in Northern Kenya. Demonstrated success in creating and implementing progressive and efficient social, structural and behavioral change options.
- Expertise making use of a number of SBC approaches, together with social advertising and nudging, or willingness to discover ways to apply a number of new and progressive SBC approaches.
- Information and understanding of native cultural practices, social networks and gender and age dynamics in Northern Kenya
- Expertise working with county officers and leaders, constructing group capability and main group mobilization.
- Expertise in civil society and/or governance capability constructing within the subject of social and behavioral change.
- Demonstrated success in constructing and managing relationships with numerous donors and implementing companions.
- Means to ship high-quality work in a well timed method and to work independently and cooperatively with group members
- Programs thinker with robust analytical abilities; versatile and artistic in planning and downside fixing
- Means and willingness to journey within the subject (Samburu and Turkana) not less than 50% of the time.
- Skilled fluency in English; Glorious oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrates persistence, diplomacy, tenacity, compassion, willpower, and a humorousness
- Glorious written and persuasive oral English abilities are required.
- Means to journey to subject assignments with 30-50% effort as wanted.
Use the hyperlink to use: